At Resthaven, our mission of serving elders in the Holland and Zeeland areas is what guides us in our daily work. The Resthaven Way of caring includes a commitment by our staff, residents, family members and volunteers that has helped us build a strong community. When that service is recognized and rewarded by others, it reinforces our belief in what we do. Resthaven is proud to share a few of those accolades with you.
Awards & Recognition by Community
- 5-Star Rating by Medicare.gov: In October of 2013 Resthaven Care Center received a 5-star rating, the highest possible, from Medicare. This evaluation measures the quality of care for every Medicare and Medicaid certified nursing home in the country.
- Customer Satisfaction & Employee Satisfaction Ratings: Resthaven received national honors in recent resident and employee satisfaction surveys, conducted by the Holleran Consulting Group in 2013. Resthaven received the Highest Honors award in several categories, meaning Resthaven rated above the 90% percentile of national benchmarks.
- Readers of The Holland Sentinel have voted Resthaven the "Best of Senior Facilities" for 10 years straight!
We contract with Holleran, a national survey company, to discover exactly what our residents think about life as an independent senior at The Warm Friend. We are evaluated on 34 different measures, and the results of those individual rankings are used to create specific opportunities for improvement. Holleran also compares our results with those from 587 other communities across the country, so that we can benchmark our performance.
Here is what the survey found:
- Overall satisfaction = 100%
- 84% ranked us as "Excellent"
- Willing to recommend us = 100%
Our skilled home health services are surveyed annually by the State of Michigan Bureau of Health Systems. They review and scrutinize medical records, as well as accompany nurses, therapists, and home health aides on their visits to client homes. This intense review takes place over a four-day period. We are pleased to be able to share that we received "No citations, not a single one!"
We also received this written compliment from the surveyor before her departure:
"I have worked with the State of Michigan for over 10 years doing this, and I have never left an agency without finding an area of citation. You have a lot to be proud of here. It is obvious to me that your staff members have really caring hearts!"
Our residents and physicians agree. In our satisfaction surveys, 98% of both groups rated our service as Excellent!
In the Spring of 2007, Resthaven’s GREEN HOUSE® home, the Vern & Lois Boersma Cottage, was selected as one of the 35 best innovative ideas by Innovation Michigan. It was a special award for us. Boersma Cottage was the only innovation that communicated an idea. The idea is that a "nursing home" can nurture and grow people, just like plants are nurtured and grown in a greenhouse.