Volunteers are the heart of Resthaven. Each of them plays an important role in enriching the lives of the seniors we serve. From our dedicated board members to friendly visitors and office assistants, there are opportunities for everyone to share their gifts and time.
Volunteer Opportunities at Resthaven
Do you enjoy a good conversation? Are you good at fixing things? Is gardening your passion? The opportunities to get involved at Resthaven are unlimited. Here are just a few:
- Life Enrichment Assistant: Help out with various activities such as playing games, Bible study, exercise, or crafts.
- Driver: Using a Resthaven van, volunteer drivers transport residents to appointments and outings.
- Entertainment: Do you sing, dance, perform magic, play the piano or another instrument? We’d love for you to share your talent with our residents!
- Escort: Volunteers are needed to escort residents to appointments or on Resthaven community outings. It might be a shopping trip, fishing excursion, or visit to Captain Sundae. Transportation is provided by Resthaven.
- Friendly Visitor: Warm-hearted volunteers are needed to provide companionship to residents. You can read, do puzzles, chat, or take a resident outside for a walk through the gardens.
- Gardening: Volunteers assist us with spring clean-up, planting, and routine garden care. Your family, church group or civic organization can even “adopt” a courtyard.
- Men's Group Leader: This group of gentlemen meets weekly or every other week to spend time reminiscing and enjoying fellowship together.
- Receptionist/Office Assistant: Use your office skills to help with mailings, greeting guests, answering phones, filing and with special projects.
- Special Events: Provide assistance at special events Resthaven hosts for residents and the community, such as picnics and parties.
The blessings and joy you receive from donating your time and talents are endless.
Sign Up Today to Become a Volunteer