At Resthaven, we wouldn't be able to provide our exemplary care and services to over 320 residents daily without the commitment and dedication of our volunteers.
From assisting in activities and providing much-needed companionship to providing enriching entertainment, coordinating special events and more, there are so many ways for you to use your talents to make a difference in the lives of our senior neighbors. Here are just a few:
- Life Enrichment: Help out with resident activities and games, Bible study, exercise or crafts.
- Driving: Transport residents to appointments and outings.
- Entertainment: Use your talents in the performing arts to engage and uplift residents.
- Escort: Accompany residents to appointments or community outings such as doctor visits, shopping trips or dining.
- Friendly Visitor: Warm-hearted volunteers are needed to provide companionship to residents. You can read, do puzzles, chat, or take a resident outside to enjoy the gardens. Children's and Youth groups can provide wonderful companionship through reading, coloring or playing games with our seniors. We are always seeking visitors of all ages and backgrounds, and have a continuous need for bilingual visitors.
- Gardening: Assist us with spring and fall clean-up, planting, and routine garden care. Your family, church group or civic organization can even “adopt” a courtyard.
- Office Assistant: Help with mailings, greeting guests, answering phones and with special projects.
- Special Event Demonstration: Teach a class, provide a demonstration or deliver a presentation that will enrich the life and learning of our residents.
- Special Events Coordination: Provide assistance at special events, such as picnics and parties, for residents and the community.
The blessings and joy you receive from donating your time and talents are endless.
Sign Up Today to Become a Volunteer